Hubzilla - Getting Started: 1. Registration
You can sign up at any public hub that's open for registration.
There are different approaches a site admin can take to allow for people to register.
- Open registration means anybody can sign up without admin approval.
- Requiring approval means anybody can sign up, but the admin needs to approve the account before it can be used.
- Invitation only means you need to be invited by somebody who is already a member on this hub. The invitation e-mail contains a code which needs to be entered during the registration process.
- It's also possible for the admin to combine those last two options.
The screenshots in this tutorial are from this hub, for which I opted to use the invitation / approval combination since I'm planning to open it only for my real life friends, but the difference is really only in the registration process.
On a public hub, there's a link at the top left called "Register". If you got an invitation from a hub that's open for registration, it will contain the registration link of that hub.
The steps following after you click on "Register" depend on whether account creation requires admin approval:
- If no approval is required, you will be redirected to a page where you have to put in a verification code. This code is being sent to the e-mail address you provided. This e-mail will also contain an activation link, so you can either copy and paste the code manually, or you can click the link.
- If approval is required, you need to wait for the according action from the hub's admin. You will see a short notice at the top right of you screen stating that "Your registration is pending approval by the owner." After your account has been approved, you will get another e-mail.